Sunday, December 7, 2008

Parade and recent events

Saturday: We all got up around 7 and Luke played in the morning. Rick was doing a few things around the house (aka basement). Luke and I headed down to a wake for Emily's grandfather. We stayed and visited with her for about a half an hour then came home to get ready for the parade! Luke was not looking too excited before we left:



But, once he was in his authenitc Jesus costume, complete with ears and a Nike hat, he seemed to be having a better time :) The judging was around 2 pm, and we came in FIRST! Rick as a shepard
Some of the wise men and angels

I had perfected my parade wave :) That little angel next to me was falling asleep on her hay-seat so we brought her next to us so she wouldn't fall off the float! She was Jesus when she was 2 months old!

Here we are after the parade. I had taken off part of my costume so I didnt rip it jumping off the float
After the parade, Kim, Melissa and Sebastien came over for a visit. The boys played next to each other. Luke was not too happy about sharing his laugh and learn puppy, and when I showed it to Sebastien he lunged to grab it, it was pretty funny.... but we need to work on sharing soon. :)

After they left, we got changed and headed out to Jennie's 30th birthday party. We did not think we were going to be able to attend because it was at a bar, but because they had rented out the top floor, we could bring Luke! So Luke had his first trip to the bar with his buddy Sebastien at 3 months and 6 months old :)



Sunday: Rick got up early to go skiing with the guys. Luke and I got up at 8:30 (yay!) and enjoyed the morning together. Luke played hard in his exersaucer and with his play gym, and then had a good nap. When he woke up we got bundled up and went outside to play in the SNOW! Luke had a lot of fun and was squeeling and laughing. We hauled in some wood and then built a nice, hot fire. Luke ate some sweet potatoes for lunch (which he loves!) and then took a few good naps which allowed me to get some stuff done around the house. Then, before the Patriots game, we went grocery shopping. When we got home I changed his diaper, because I hadn't changed it in a couple hours. When I went to take it off, I could see some poo in it. I was not expecting it to be a big one, because he had pooped earlier in the morning when we were eating sweet potatoes. Well, it was a HUGE one. Up into his armpits. Why does this child not cry when he is COVERED in poo? I got him and his changing table and bed cleaned up and put the laundry in. Now he is napping, and is happy as a clam. I guess pushing out a poop that weighs almost as much as you do is hard work. I weighed him earlier today, at 19#, maybe when he wakes up we will have a re-weigh in and see where he is at now. Probably his birth weight.

1 comment:

Robicslady said...

This boy's poop must smell like roses; how else can you not notice a kid up to his armpits in poop?!!